Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the year, so I wanted to wish everyone a Great Thanksgiving!  I mean what is not to like about Thanksgiving?  Its a celebration of family, friends, food, and football.  It's fantastic.  I am taking a little break from some prep work, but here is my planned menu, which has a maple theme:

Cocktail
Cranberry Whiskey Slushy Cooler

Salad
Spinach, Spiced Pecans and Mixed Berries with Goat Cheese and Maple Vinaigrette

Soup
Roasted Squash Soup with Maple Creme Fraiche

Pasta
Campanelle with Pork Ragu

Entree
Deep Fried Turkey with Spicy Maple Bourbon Marinade
Challah Bread Dressing with Bacon and Pears
Roasted Mixed Potatoes with Maple Herb Butter
Cranberry-Orange Chutney
Caramelized Apples and Onion

Dessert
Pumpkin Ricotta Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
Maple Custard


Stay tuned tomorrow, as I am thinking of taking a page out of Bill Simmon's book, and having a running diary for Tassi Thanksgiving 2011.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds like quite a feast! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete