Monday, October 17, 2011

Tea Party v. Occupy Party

I have heard people state that the Occupy Wall Street movement is similar to that of the Tea Party.  Well, the Tea Party was against the bailouts for the banks, and so are the Occupiers, but that is pretty much where the similarities end.  I am a member of the Tea Party as in Tax Enough Already.  I see myself as having no similiarities with the whiners of the Occupy Movement. I am a proud American who wants to return to our founding principles, not destroy the very fabric of America, as the Occupiers seem to want to do.  I was opposed to the bailout, because I felt it was more of my tax dollars being spent, because of groups like ACORN and Barney Frank telling banks to hand out mortgages like Halloween candy regardless of applicants proof of income or employment status.  President Bush, I believe was even at fault for the banking bailout, but then again why wouldn't he be at fault, because according to President Obama and Nancy Pelosi is is at fault for everything that is wrong with this country and always will be.

However, the Occupiers are mad at the bailout, because they didn't get bailed out.  There battle cry seems to be, "The banks got bailed out, I want a bailout. The banks got theirs, I want mine.  Pay my student loans and give me a living wage so I do not have to work."

But, rather than take my opinion of the matter, lets look at some pictures which contain evidence of why the Tea Party and Occupy Movement are so inherently different.

As the expression goes, "A Picture is worth a thousand words."  Well, you will get a thousand words from each picture, plus a few more from my insightful commentary.

TEA PARTY                                                                   


From a Sacramento Tea Party rally, this sign may disagree with President Obama, but it is written respectfully.



 OCCUPY WALL STREET
NewImage
This picture, taken from occupy Phoenix, is a gem.  The occupier on the left of this picture feels it okay to personally attack Governor Jan Brewer, by scribbling that she is a "lying whore", and the guy on the right states that his artwork is like that of a second-grader, because his funding was cut.  Let me run out to the ATM right now, this could be the next Picasso if we just give him money.  Why doesn't his sign read, "I suck because you won't give me money!"

TEA PARTY
 A Tea Party parade on Tax Day. Once again notice that everyone is proud to be American and patriotic displaying pride with all the American Flag.


OCCUPY WALL STREET

They desecrate the American Flag.  Now I know all the lefties out there will state that he is exercising his freedom of speech.  But I find it quite ironic that he is "exercising free speech" against the very symbol that grants him that speech to begin with.

TEA PARTY

From the Boston Common Tea Party Rally in April of 2010. The participants are making themselves comfortable while waiting for the rally to begin.  Notice that the are looks fairly neat and their is not trash strewn everywhere.


OCCUPY WALL STREET

Look at all the trash and people just lying around a public area.  They have no respect for others and property and apparently have no respect for themselves judging by the filth they are voluntarily living in.

So, if the Tea Party and Occupy movement are similiar, I would love to hear why.

The fact is that all these occupy people are squatting on public lands because they do not have jobs and are either to unmotivated, unskilled, or unshowered to attempt to get one.  If a high-paying job isn't gift-wrapped and given to them in their tent, then they are not leaving.  But no worries to them, because members of the Tea Party are hard at work earning a living to support themselves and their families.  Oh yeah, and they are paying their government mandated share of taxes so the occupiers don't have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment